As an Underwriter you will contribute to the Processing area to ensure that the business is seen as a market leader within its chosen market place. You will also ensure that the Processing area complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practice; you will also develop key relationships with brokers and BDM’s, to understand their business issues and priorities.
You will have an excellent understanding of the mortgage process, from application through to completion, delivering a 5* service at all times.
- Previous mortgage experience
- Experience of working to deadlines and service levels
- Analytical skills that aid effective decision making and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organisation and third-party companies
- Ability to deal with confidential issues in a professional manner
- Experience of mentoring and developing less experienced team members
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage process from application to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of the general principles of the law relating to mortgages
- Strong analytical skills that aid effective decision making and good problem-solving skills; – An ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers to ensure the correct level of risk pricing/quality of application
- These positions attract a competitive salary and benefits
In addition, you will have excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with employees at all levels within the organisation and third-party companies, dealing with confidential issues in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy and resilience. A minimum of GCSE Mathematics and English Grade A – C or equivalent is an essential requirement of these roles.
In this role you will be responsible for providing support and development to a team of Mortgage Underwriters whilst ensuring the timely processing of all new mortgage applications for the client as per lending policy and file requirements. You will provide expert advice and guidance to less experienced members of the team and ensure that they are trained and developed. You will support the Underwriting Manager by focusing on the day to day operations within Mortgage Processing and provide cover in the Managers absence.
Apply below or call – 01612499717
Speak to Chris
Let's Work Together
At Consegna, we work hard to find the right fit for a role, promising to never settle for the easy option. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help you.