Buy-to-let Mortgage Underwriter
Consegna Recruitment is proud to be working with one of the biggest specialist lenders in the UK and they are looking for BTL/Residential Underwriters to join their growing team and be part of the continued success of the lender.
You will be joining a multi-award-winning lender that is looking for career driven individuals, who will able to hit the ground running and provide excellent customer service.
What’s On Offer?
Purpose of the role
- To assess, analyse, underwrite and process all new buy-to-let mortgage applications from receipt of application through to offer of a loan.
- You will be required to maintain service levels whilst ensuring the company’s credit policy and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessment of mortgage applications and preparation of detailed risk analysis
- Communicating directly with financial intermediaries and customers, providing underwriting decisions and case updates
- Analysing and assessing all pre-completion incoming post
Assessing willingness and ability to pay
Analysing bank statements and company accounts accurately
Reviewing and assessing valuation reports
Carrying out Know Your Customer (KYC) verification checks
Collating and analysing all documentation and assessing overall risk and decision
Preparing a detailed summary and recommendation
Assessing Transfer of Equity requests
Reviewing and approving retention release requests
Previous experience with mortgages is essential, experience of mortgage underwriting preferred.
CeMAP preferred but not essential but must be willing to study towards CeMAP if not already qualified.
Please call Chris at Consegna Recruitment if you wish to apply to the role or discuss in more detail.
Salary up to £30,000 DOE
Speak to Chris
Let's Work Together
At Consegna, we work hard to find the right fit for a role, promising to never settle for the easy option. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help you.