Head of Underwriting
Are you someone who is an ambitious, driven, natural leader who likes to take on responsibility within an important role? Are you the go to person when it comes to Underwriting guidance?
If you are a Head of Underwriting or Senior Mortgage Underwriter who is open to an exciting opportunity within a highly respected, expanding FinTech business to guide a team of Underwriters throughout the companies’ growth then this is the perfect opportunity for you to explore.
My client is seeking a Head of Underwriting to help refine, change and improve the Underwriting process. This role includes a lot of exposure to the FinTech industry within a highly respected senior position.
- Ensure efficient, excellent processing of the credit underwriting of loan cases
- Reporting to the COO will be able to complete QA checks, check process and coach/train to up-skill other Underwriters in the team
- Work with an ambitious Growth team and customers directly to ensure that cases are underwritten based on full and accurate information
- Structure, negotiate and analyse proposals for approval under own authority or recommended to credit for approval
- Refinement of underwriting practises
- Contribute to best practices for underwriting
- Manager capable for developing and growing a team of Underwriters
- Work with the Product team to innovate and automate underwriting processes
- Input ideas to improve features on underwriting models
- CeMAP 1, 2 & 3 qualifications
- 2 years experience in credit underwriting (mortgages or secured loans)
- Must be a natural leader who can hit the ground running in this important role leading from the front
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capable of thinking “outside of the box” and making responsible lending decisions
- 1-2 years’ management experience training/mentoring junior underwriters
- Highly customer focused individual with a passion to deliver the highest level of service to internal and external customers
- Excellent levels of Mathematic ability with a high attention to detail and positive mindset wanting to get things done
- Must be a team player who can communicate ideas clearly to other colleagues
Candidates must be able to work within a team environment and work closely with others communication clearly to ensure a smooth process is always being followed.
If this sounds like you or you would like to discuss the role in more detail, apply below or call me on – 01612499717
London City Centre
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus
Speak to Saul
Let's Work Together
At Consegna, we work hard to find the right fit for a role, promising to never settle for the easy option. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help you.