Are you an experienced Mortgage Underwriter with great ideas and open to change, but your voice isn’t being heard in your current company?
Are you looking for a new challenge – where your opinion counts?
Consegna Recruitment are proud to be working with an exciting FinTech Challenger Bank – who’s core focus is to improve and change the industry for the better.
Following a period of growth, our client is now looking for an ambitious Mortgage Underwriter to join their team to come in and hit the ground running with their mortgage underwriting skills and to support the ongoing development of their Mortgage Portfolio.
You would join a small team of Mortgage Underwriters to grow the pipeline of new Mortgage Business, whilst also managing the existing book of business.
What’s On Offer?
- Managing all aspects of a mortgage application for both UK and foreign residents
- Manage underwriting risk and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Must develop detailed rationales on acceptance or rejection of new business
- Fully understand and comply with SLA’s and operational procedures
- Communicate well with Mortgage Intermediaries, Valuers and Solicitors
- Work with the mortgage processing team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Maintain the mortgage manual making recommendations for changes to the Lead Underwriter
- Work under the direction and guidance of the Lead Underwriter and alongside other internal staff including Compliance, Operations, IT and Distribution
- 2- 3 years of Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Good credit / financial analysis skills
- Must be experienced in the end to end mortgage process, along with customer experience
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience of working with mortgage Intermediaries
- Good understanding of TCF, AML, KYC and Conduct risk
- Solid understanding of mortgage security
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants their voice and ideas to be heard in a competitive challenger bank looking to shake up an industry! Apply today if this sounds like you!